Thursday, October 7, 2010

What are you all about?

I rode my bike to work yesterday. It was about a 12-mile round trip, uplifting my mood and well-being for the day.

As I pedaled along the shoulder of the highway, passed by vans, sedans, SUVs and trucks, I wished that the drivers were all on bicycles. When did Americans become so lazy? Lazy in their exercise habits, but also lazy in their lives.

I am put off by technology -- not all technology (I'm obviously using a computer) but the advancement of technology. We have gone too far with making life "easier" but this "advancement" will never stop as long as people obsess over new Blackberries, iPads, iPhones, SmartPhones, Playstation3, Wii, HD, 3D ... As long as there is a market. What's wrong with a cell phone that makes calls, and allows you to text and take pictures? When did that become not enough?

Maybe it's because I never advanced much farther than Nintendo. Growing up with low cash resources (poor), I used what was available to me and am glad for the experience. I learned the hard way that money and material possessions don't buy happiness. They don't and never will. Neither will food.

Life isn't about getting enough money to buy an expensive car, new gadgets, staying up-to-date in the fashion world or eating chocolate peanut butter fudge. The feelings from these items are exhilarating for a few moments or days but fade faster than a temporary tattoo.

Life is a journey and a gift (I'm not pro-life). You don't know how many days you or the people you love have on Earth. Take advantage of your life. Look around you at Earthly things, things that were here before phones, cars, clothes, food ... before you.

1 comment:

  1. http://patrickjihad.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-hate-bloggers.html


    Check it, biatch.

    ReplyDelete