Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pat Buchanan, Obama, Al Sharpton and the "Your Boy" Circus

Ugh. So, while scrolling through headlines today I came across "Internet Takes Umbrage at Buchanan Calling Obama 'Boy.'" Ding, ding, ding ... peaked my interest. While not surprised, I was still appalled at the racial, demeaning slur.
However, don't judge a book by its cover or a news story by its racially charged spin (ratings, ratings, ratings! The media doesn't work for you, the media works for the almighty dollar).
Upon further investigation (as in, I read the article) my disgust shifted from Buchanan to Sharpton, the media and people across the country who wait at the ready to jump like rats and smear anything remotely involving Blacks and race. Smear it all across our faces like black shoe polish on a vaudeville performer.
Basically, Buchanan remarked "your boy" in the White House caved to Republicans during debt ceiling negotiations and was likely to do so again. Your boy, a slang term for someone in your favor, someone you give fanfare. Perhaps a slam at Sharpton for his own use of slang and being a Black man but not used as in the term "boy," which was a popular racial and demeaning nickname for Blacks.
Of course Sharpton says, "My what? My president Barack Obama? What did you say? He's nobody's boy. He's your president, he's my president, and that's what you have to get through your head." Although I agree not many people respect the role of president anymore, whether you are for them or against them, Sharpton (yet again!) is spinning a comment, changing the context and getting his blind followers heated over nonsense, absolute nonsense. I use the term "your boy" all the time, as do thousands of people, sarcastically and seriously. I.e. heard about your boy Albert Haynesworth passing the conditioning test. This has nothing to do with Albert being Black but with the person I am speaking with being a fan or a hater. Holla at your boy ...
Duh.
This is despicable. For all the people who are upset with Buchanan, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Is there racial discrimination in the United States? Yes and it's also despicable. However, this was not an example of racial discrimination, it was simply a comment smeared and spun so Sharpton can continue his evil empire of promoting his agenda and spreading hate by taking advantage of a taboo. Is it a coincidence Sharpton is close to securing his own show on MSNBC? I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment