Sunday, April 17, 2011

One Life to Live, All My Children ... are people upset?

News stations across the country are bursting at the seams with reports that ABC is ending long running soap operas "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" as sexless, chubby haus fraus across the country weep and cry out in horror! Once a dominant source of escapism for these women, these shows are getting the boot in favor of lower-cost lifestyle shows.
Obviously people aren't watching or TiVo-ing enough of these programs since they're getting the ax, but are there really enough people upset? Is this really going to ruin your life? These shows are ridiculous and a waste of time. Is this really a source of entertainment?
I'm not one of those jerks who complain and poke fun at things they've never seen or experienced. I've watched these shows and given them a chance. My verdict is: what's the point? Mindless drama that is both absurd and boring. It provides only poor acting during a time slot I'd rather spend actually cleaning my home (as the housewives who watched the shows should!) or doing something beneficial and enjoyable. These programs don't provide an "escape" for me because if my husband isn't giving me the business (which is why these women are looking for escape) I'm not going to turn on some stupid TV show, I'm going to say to him, "hey, what's your problem!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment