Friday, May 13, 2011

"Mom" gives 8-year-old daughter Botox ...

When I clicked on my internet browser today and got to my homepage, aka Yahoo.com, what to my wondering eyes should appear but "8 year-old Botox" under the Trending News column. No thoughts came to my mind, no words came to my lips as I blindly clicked on the link and selected the first credible news story available.
Kerry Campbell, a beautician from San Francisco, was interviewed on "Inside Edition" and "Good Morning America" to defend her parenting skills and overall sanity in regards to giving 8-year-old daughter, Britney, Botox injections. Campbell's reasoning is her child complains about wrinkles on her face. Other reports claim Campbell has her child undergo injections so she can be a contender in beauty pageants.
Wow. In this day and age, with people running around immune to ostracizes, me included ... yeah, nudity, violence, sex, drugs, whatever. I've seen it all on Law & Order: SVU marathons ... this one threw me for a loop. Wtf.
First. Have you ever really listened to an 8-year-old? I have and while you can't file all of it under nonsense, a lot of it is totally ridiculous. So, if we are to take this woman seriously and believe her child complains about wrinkles (which is obviously a lie or something she learned from her idiot mother but whatever), so what? I know an 8-year-old who wants to be a ninja and/or Darkrai from Pokemon (he's not sure yet) and, after I ask him to do something like cleaning up after himself, his typical response is to yell, "I'm a man, not a mouse!" Totally ridiculous, yet humorous, behavior.
Second. When news of this woman surfaced, did anyone think to call Child Protective Services? Anyone? Or did every news organization in the U.S. think jackpot and every person think, nmp (not my problem)? What about people from CPS, do you read the news? Did you read this article? Wtf. There is a big difference between sensational news items and an 8-year-old impressionable child being abused.
The articles should read, "After being arrested for child abuse and ordered to undergo Botox injections directly into her eyeballs, San Francisco beautician Kerry Campbell attempts to defend herself. As for her child, Britney is safely living with other, non-blood related, family members ... "

1 comment:

  1. Did ya see the girl, Kate? I mean, did you really look at her before the surgery? No? I did, and I am here to defend the mom's position because there are some ugly ass 8 year olds out there. I mean, the least that could be argued is that Botox couldn't hurt her, am I right?

    Did you see the mom? Jesus Christ, she had upper arms like ham hocks and a face like a bull mastiff -- woof, woof, if you know what I mean. She knows her daughter was on a one-way trip to the pound and the mom tried to intervene. She should be commended, not condemned.

    You know, from your picture it looks like you might benefit from a few hours under the knife, Kate. I mean, you ain't as bad as that 8 year old was, but still ...

    ReplyDelete